2013-10-19

L'absinthe



They drank absinth
Like water
One was Verlaine
The other was Rimbaud
To write poems
One doesn't drink water
You are not Verlaine
You are not Rimbaud
But when you say I love you
God it is beautiful
More than a poem
Of Verlaine or Rimbaud

Though I like to hear
On and on
The lovers' song
When it rains on the town
The lovers' song
When it rains in my heart
And when one's soul is grey
And the violins weep
Though I want to hear it
On and on
You know that I get drunk
Like the drunken boat
With the song of those
Who are in love and die
And if my soul is grey
You'll dry my tears

They drank absinth
Like water
But one was Verlaine
The other was Rimbaud
To write poems
You don't drink water
Today "I love you"
Is written in three words
Gone the long poems
And the music of words
Which made Verlaine dizzy
And Rimbaud drunk

I would like to know
Those golden alcohols which overwhelmed their hearts
And quenched their pain
Oh make me kow
Those golden alcohols which overwhelm our hearts
And run in our veins
Pour me some to drink
On and on 
Then I get drunk
I am your drunken boat
With you I drift
Il love you and I die

Haze of absinth
Make me dizzy
I see flowers growing
On the velvet curtains
What is this moaning
Heavy like a sobbing

Those ones are back
On and on
In the frozen winter wind
Hear them crawling
Verlaine's hung men
Rimbaud's drowned ones
Frozen by Death
In the Seine black waters
It hurts hearing them
On and on
Oh that drunken boat
Make us drift
Let it sink in waters
And with you let me die

We drank absinth
Like water
And I love you I love you
God it is beautiful
More than a poem
Of Verlaine or Rimbaud